The DTS 4148 is PTP Grandmaster and NTP Server in order to provide PTP (precision time protocol) and NTP (network time protocol) time distribution services over Ethernet LAN / WAN network. The NTP Server can be configured in server, client or combined client-server mode in order to provide NTP time in unicast or multicast mode. It further can operate as a NTP time zone server by providing up to 20 time zones into encoded NTPframe for world time clock synchronisation. In addition it provides the following synchronisation outputs: 1x RS232/RS485 configurable time telegram, 1x IRIG-B in both analog and DC level and 1x programmable pulse/frequencies. The DTS 4148.timeserver can be synchronized by a GPS receiver, by IRIG-B time code or by NTP. It can also operate in stand-alone mode thanks an embedded high quality oscillator (OCXO) (in case of time source fail).
- Supports NTP authentication for increased security, which allows the clients, to verify the source of the received NTP packets.
- Supports operation over LAN via MOBA-NMS (SNMP), Telnet, SSH or SNMP protocols is possible.
- Supports SSH and SNMP (MD5 authentication and DES for encryption) enable a secured connection.
- Supports PTP grandmaster (E2E, P2P, two step, unicast, multicast), default and utility profile.
- Automatic, preprogrammed daylight saving time change.