The DTS 4210 is a PTP Grandmaster and NTP Server in order to provide PTP (precision time protocol) and NTP (network time protocol) time distribution services in unicast or multicast mode over Ethernet LAN / WAN network, suitable for large systems. It can operate as a NTP time zone server by providing up to 20 time zones into encoded NTP-frame for world time clock synchronisation. In addition it provides the following synchronisation outputs: 8 x RS232/RS422/RS485 configurable time telegram, 4 x E1, 4 x IRIG-B in both analog and DC level and 8 x programmable pulse/frequencies.
The DTS 4210.timecenter can be synchronized by GPS, PTP, DCF, redundant Link or E1. After synchronization, it can also operate in stand-alone mode with phenomenal holdover accuracy, thanks to an embedded OCXO or Rubidium oscillator (in case of time source fail).
- Network Interfaces: 12 x 100 /1000 Mbit (RJ-45 Ethernet) & 4 x SFP (miniGBIC interface)
- Provides NTP on 16 ports ( > 5000 NTP requests per second on each port)
- Supports PTP Grandmaster (E2E, P2P, 1-step, 2-step, Multicast, Layer 2, IPv4/IPv6)
- Supports PTP profiles default, utility & Telecom profiles.
- PTP according to IEEE 1588-2008 for the synchronization of highly accurate clients. Usable for telecom (e.g. LTE), energy (e.g. smart grid), automation etc.
- The DTS 4210 supports NTP authentication for increased security, which allows the clients to verify the source of the received NTP packets.
- Operation over LAN via MOBA-NMS (SNMP), SSH or SNMP protocols is possible. SSH and SNMP (MD5 authentication and DES for encryption) enable a secured connection. Additional connection over RS232 is possible.
- Alarms are reported via SNMP messages, e-mail or by alarm relay. Additionally, the alarm is indicated on the display and on the Alarm LED.